Sunday 7 November 2010

The best kind of Sunday afternoon


Saturday was spent in the company of good friends, lots of wine and plenty of fireworks - as well as a couple of amazing cupcakes, courtesy of my Auntie Joyce. The woman is a cake-making hero, and I managed to squirrel one away to scoff with a cup of tea this afternoon - just look at that icing! I also got the chance to spend a WHSmith giftcard, given to me by a friend of my mum's after I made her a set of jewellery for her son's wedding. It took me ages to decide which books to get, but I finally settled on A Place of Secrets by Rachel Hore and The Winter Ghosts by Kate Mosse. I'm already half-way through The Winter Ghosts and am really enjoying it - it's faster paced than some of her previous work without any of the flashbacks that are so frequent in her other stories. Nevertheless, I'm gripped already - I'm hoping for a real twist at the end.
Now, I'm going to sit down with a cup of tea, that cupcake (I'm surprised it lasted long enough to be photographed) and this view of the London skyline....
...all in all, it's a pretty good Sunday afternoon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.