Sunday 10 October 2010

And so it begins...

A book blog may not be the most original idea anyone's ever had - just a few minutes of trawling through the internet has already shown me that, but I've decided to add another to the list all the same. As a journalist, I love to read and write so this is nothing more than a natural partnership between two of my favourite things; a place where I can exclaim, moan and delight over the books that I've been devouring. I always have a book on the go, sometimes two or three, and am fascinated by people who, like my brother, simply don't read. I can't fathom a world without the wonderful escapism of a good book - I treat my battered copy of Pride and Prejudice like a comfort blanket and find it enormously reassuring to know it's always there waiting for me after a bad day (that and a large glass of wine).

And so, instead of boring friends and family with my latest favourite read, I'm sharing my book geekery with the internet. Who knows whether anyone will read it or not....actually, I'm going to make sure my mum does; at least that way she'll know which books I've already read, which will make her Christmas shopping a whole lot easier...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.