Saturday 16 October 2010

You can't beat a good bargain...

When I was still a student at uni, I had to spend so much money on text books that I bought my reading books from charity shops. As much as I love the thrill of a brand new book, I still love to get my hands on a good bargain so, on Tuesday, I spent a good hour or two mooching around the charity shops where I used to live.
They were slightly pricier than I remembered but I still got my hands on a couple of fab bargains, especially as the local library was selling off a ton of paperbacks for just 10p. I tend to end up buying books that I'd never normally look twice at when they're that cheap, so I'm interested to see what these titles turn out like.

My top four book bargains!

I picked up four books for 40p:
Overheard in a Dream by Torey Hayden (mainly because I liked the title)
The Traveller by John Twelve Hawks (because how can you ignore a book when it's written by someone called John Twelve Hawks)
One Moment, One Morning by Sarah Rayner
The Summer of Secrets & Second Chances by Martina Reilly (an omnibus set)

So I felt quite chuffed with my loot. Naturally, after treating myself to some new books, the obvious thing to do was to head to Starbucks and get stuck in...



Is there any better way to enjoy a good book?
I started on One Moment, One Morning by Sarah Rayner and was immediately hooked in - it's based on a incident that happens one morning on a train and how it affects the people involved. As a commuter, it's something that both myself and my travelling buddy have mused about on the Monday morning jaunt to work. Sarah's writing style is easy to read, descriptive and emotive, and I think I'm really going to enjoy this one. I'll post a full review when I'm done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.